Monday, May 20, 2013

short story comparison

For the short story essay I have chosen Desiree's Baby and Story of an Hour  by Kate Chopin. I chose Kate Chopin because I feel heavily attracted to her work. Through her writing she expresses the struggle of  women in the 20th century in a very delicate, sublime and unexpected way. By reading her background I came to realize where  her strong  feminism ideology comes from since she had struggled herself throughout her writing journey . Desiree's baby and Story of an Hour  portray the women in their most natural self as very sensitive, vulnerable and self conscience.The theme I am aiming to is character. in these two stories I could almost illustrate the women feelings as if they were paintings that could be drawn in detail.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Amanda--I love your depiction of the women's vulnerability and your sensitivity to the painterly quality by which emotions are represented. See if you can focus on the differences in character--the way they express vulnerability through words, gestures, actions. This will give you a thesis.

    ReplyDelete